"De gazpacho no hay empacho gazpacho! " There’s never too much gazpacho!
– old Andulsian saying
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4-6 people
4 Large, Fresh, Field Grown, VERY ripe tomatoes
4-8 Heaping Tablespoons of Spice Sisters Twisted Tomato Chutney
1 Long Italian Pepper (Carmine, Banana)
2 Kirby/Pickling or 1English Cucumber
½ Medium Red Onion or Scallions
¼ - ½ Cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
¼ Cup Sherry or Balsamic Vinegar
For Topping: Fresh Cilantro, Freshly Ground Pepper, Coarse Sea Salt, Plain Yogurt, Croutons
- Rinse and dry veggies.
- Core and coarsely chop tomatoes. Reserve for blender.
- Core and deseed pepper. Mince and reserve ⅓ Coarsely chop and reserve remainder for blender.
- Mince ½ onion and reserve. Coarsely chop remainder and reserve for blender.
- Remove ends from both cucumbers. Mince 1 Kirby or ½ English (with skin if desired) and reserve. Peel and coarsely chop remainder and reserve for blender
- Add vinegar to blender. Slowly add oil to vinegar.
- Add reserved veggies to blender and pulse a few times.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Twisted Tomato to blender. Blend and taste, adding more to your taste.
- Pulse blender until veggies reach desired consistency. Some like it smooth as silk, others like it with more texture.
- Chill soup and reserved veggies in separate containers for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with a swirl of yogurt and whichever toppings you prefer.