Spice Sisters Cafe Harvest Punch
Greet your guests this holiday season with this fall inspired refreshing aperitivo style punch. Sweet, yet zingy free spirit or with brandy.
Habibi Baharat Simple Syrup:
1C White or Raw Sugar
6T Spice Sisters Habibi Baharat Spice Blend
1. Add the sugar and water into a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Strain mixture while it is still hot using fine mesh strainer. Cover and allow to infuse for at least 6 hours or overnight.
4. Bottle and keep tightly sealed and refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
INGREDIENTS for PUNCH:
Habibi Baharat Simple Syrup
½ Gallon Fresh Apple Cider
6oz. Ginger Beer
1 Liter Ginger Ale
2T Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Medium Orange
1 Firm Bartlett Pear
Optional Garnishes: Star Anise, Cinnamon Stick, Citrus Curls
For an alcoholic beverage: 1C Brandy
DIRECTIONS for PUNCH:
1. Make Syrup
2. Cut orange and pear into thin slices and quarter.
3. Add fruit, lemon juice and syrup to a pitcher and muddle fruit.
4. Add cider.
5. If preparing an alcoholic beverage, add brandy.
6. Allow fruit mixture to marinate between 2 hours and overnight in a
tightly sealed container.
7. In a punch bowl, add fruit mix, Ginger Beer and Ginger ale.
8. Ladle punch into glasses with fruit and add garnishes of choice.