Steak roll ups w/Outrageous Onion Tapenade, Red Wine Jelly & Black Magic Powder
1 Envelope Spice Sisters Black Magic Powder
1 Jar Spice Sisters Outrageous Onion Tapenade
1 Jar Mambo Mama Red Wine Jelly*
*or 3Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
1 lb. skirt steak
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 bell peppers
1 bunch scallions
1 small zucchini
Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine 4 heaping Tablespoons of Outrageous Onion Tapenade, 1 heaping Tablespoon Red Wine Jelly and 1 Tablespoon Black Magic Powder.
- Taste and adjust to your preference. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until it has reduced to a syrupy consistency, 5-8 minutes.
- Cut steak into equal strips 3-4 inches wide.
- Slice pepper into ¼ inch strips.
- Trim ends of scallions, cut 3 inches from the bottom. Thinly slice the remaining green stems and reserve.
- Trim ends of zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and across. Cut into ¼ inch strips.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers and cook 2 minutes.
- Add scallions and zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are tender but still hold their shape, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Lay steak strips flat on cutting board, and brush both sides with marinade.
- Place a small handful of vegetables in the center of each piece of steak.
- Wrap steak around vegetables and secure with a toothpick.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place steak roll-ups in skillet seam side-down and cook 2 minutes until nice and seared. Use tongs to turn roll-ups to cook on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Brush with remaining marinade as steak cooks.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.